“The health and safety of our employees, and their families, continues to be our top priority. We are taking steps across Apergy to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including working remotely where possible, urging elevated hygiene practices, imposing travel restrictions, following social distancing guidelines and more, while ensuring we remain equipped to meet the needs of our customers in a safe and responsible way.”
‘Soma’ Somasundaram, President and CEO
COVID-19 Resources for the Oilfield Services and Equipment Sector
Apergy is a long-standing supporter of PESA, the Petroleum Equipment Suppliers Association, the national trade association representing the oilfield services and equipment sector. Apergy supports PESA’s efforts to ensure members have the latest information and resources necessary to navigate the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
These resources represent PESA and member company’s direct interaction with lawmakers to ensure oil field service companies are eligible to receive stimulus funds, education and awareness about how to access those business stabilization tools, and collaboration with leaders from other sectors on best practices for the COVID-19 operational environment. Apergy encourages industry participants to reach out to PESA for the latest information regarding the industry’s response. Some of the recently posted information from PESA include:
- DHS Guidance Document Regarding Definition of “Critical Infrastructure”
- Work Authorization Letter Template
- State and Local COVID-19 Response Information
Apergy’s Current Operations
We have made the important decision to maintain operations during this unprecedented crisis because of the vital role we play in supporting our customers’ vital oil and gas infrastructure. Apergy’s products and support services are vital to this effort and customers around the world rely on our products each day.
In keeping our operations running, we know we may need to modify how we work to keep our employees safe. Here are some of the things we are doing to protect the safety and health of our workforce, as well as meet our customer’s critical needs during this crisis.
Protecting our employees
- We have stepped up our normal cleaning and disinfecting protocols at our facilities.
- We have enacted social distancing procedures, including staggering shifts, implementing rotating work schedules, and are modifying workspaces and break areas, as needed.
- We are requiring employees to stay at home if they are feeling ill, and encouraging increased hand washing and hygiene practices across all our sites.
- We are restricting visitors to our sites.
- We are updating our response plans as new information is available.
In the event an employee suspects he or she has been exposed to COVID-19, or testing confirms it, we will implement an aggressive response plan that our team has developed. This plan includes:
- Cooperating fully with local health authorities
- Mandatory quarantines
- Communication with all who may have been exposed
- Disinfecting work stations and common areas
These actions are aligned with our preventive health protocols and those of global, regional and national governmental authorities and health organizations including the Centers for Disease Control (U.S.) and the World Health Organization. In the event that local laws require more stringent measures, we will do whatever is necessary to implement them.
Supporting our customers
We have activated our business continuity management plans across the organization. This includes:
- Staying in close contact with our suppliers to manage the supply chain
- Equipping our service technicians with additional personal protective equipment as needed
- Coordinating closely with local, state and national governments
- And following governmental and health authorities’ guidelines, which vary by location.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation around the world and address our customers’ needs as they evolve.
If you have specific questions, please contact our Apergy customer care team members directly. Brand specific contact information is available by clicking here. General questions can be submitted using the contact us form.